Part 2 of 2
Once you have created a meeting-friendly workplace and guided your people on how to best use those conference rooms and conduct meetings, the next step is to operate those collaboration resources and manage your improved conference room program. Fostering the best collaboration and creating the best environment for engagement requires daily attention to the resources, the schedule and the needs of those meetings and the people they support.
This second webinar in the series covers the best practices for operating a meeting room program within a business or agency. We will discuss daily tasks, show examples of common issues and how to address them, and examine the way for getting underneath the most-common complaints and resolving them quickly.
- Preparing for the next day
- Daily tasks
- Staffing: Full time person, part time tasks, or as-needed duties
- Dealing with common complaints and issues (E.g. Can't find a meeting room)
- Uncovering misuse and handling the four personality types
- Monitoring utilization and popularity, driving to maximum use and effectiveness
- What to do when you really run out of space
- Pitfalls to avoid and Checklists to follow
Don’t forget: In the first webinar in the series, we covered setting up the meeting rooms and the meeting policies, communicating and training the staff, and establishing the best environment for meeting efficiently and using the spaces you have set up efficiently.